The Ark offers a combination of high demand pet services, including boarding, daycare, grooming, training, and a small but well chosen section of retail products. These service lines help to reinforce each other, allowing us to offer to our busy human guests the convenience of only having to make one stop for their pet needs while providing top tier service and products for their pets.
A special note about 2020
During 2020, our affiliate temporarily closed several Affiliate Locations, temporarily reduced operational hours, and temporarily cut certain services in accordance with various federal, state and local mandates due to Covid-19. In addition to Covid-19 related problems, our East Brainerd, TN location was shut down for six weeks after sustaining serious damage in a tornado. With each of the operational challenges, each of our Affiliate Locations recorded a positive Net Profit for 2020.
2019 Affiliate locations open 12+ months at Jan. 1, 2019
- High gross sales: $1,232,113
- Low gross sales: $312,076
- Median gross sales: $611,569
- Average gross sales: $697,185
- Average net profit: $204,375
2020 Affiliate locations open 12+ months at Jan. 1, 2020
- High gross sales: $835,721
- Low gross sales: $273,854
- Median gross sales: $485,309
- Average gross sales: $514,192
- Average net profit: $73,504
For complete details please see The Ark Pet Spa & Hotel Franchise Disclosure Document Item 19