We have thought the pet industry has been exciting for years, but the rest of the world is now taking notice of the industries growth! The pet industry is comprised of several categories including: food, boarding/daycare, grooming, veterinarian, and training. The Ark Pet Spa & Hotel focuses efforts on several of the categories so that we can cater to a larger portion of the market. Check out these eight facts about the growing pet industry!
- 75% of pet-owning home buyers who closed on a home this year would pass on their dream house if it weren’t right for their animals.
- 87% said they took their pets’ needs into account when buying a home.
- Of the home buyers surveyed by realtor.com, 80% owned pets. A majority 64% owned dogs, 41% owned cats, 12% owned birds, and 11% owned fish.
- 68% of U.S. households own a pet, which equates to 84.6 million homes
- 60 Million US households own a dog
- 47 Million US households own a cat
- Millennial pet ownership has officially surpassed baby boomer ownership by three percentage points to now account for 35% of all pet owners.
- Total US Pet Industry Expenditures totaled $70 billion in 2017 and is estimated to be $73 billion in 2018
If you are interested in taking your bite out of the $70 billion pet industry please visit thearkfranchise.com and fill out the “Join The Crew” form and one of The Ark’s representatives will reach out to begin the conversation about our franchise opportunity.
Realtor.com: Research conducted the survey for realtor.com last month of more than 1,000 respondents who closed on a home this year.
Pawsible Marketing: Top Pet Industry Trends For 2018
American Pet Products Association: 2016-2017 Pet Industry Survey